In our region, the Toys R Us (TRU) and Babies R Us (BRU) stores are combined into one store. Our stores accept both TRU and BRU coupons. You may need to taylor the following advice based on your store situation.
1. Register your child's birthday with the Toys R Us Birthday Club. You will receive coupons in the mail around your child's birthday. The last batch of birthday club coupons I received for my son were:
- $3 off any $3+ purchase
- $5 off a $25+ toy or clothing purchase
For more details and to register click here.
2. Register with Rewards R Us. You earn 1 point for each $1 spent. For every 150 points you are mailed a $5 coupon good towards any purchase. In addition, there are "Buy X, Earn X Free" deals for:
- Huggies diapers
- Pampers diapers
- Nestle Good Start formula
- American Greetings cards
For more details and to register click here. While this isn't the best points program out there, if you are shopping at TRU/BRU or making a big purchase there, it's better than receiving no perks at all!
3. Use your TRU / BRU store coupons and your Manufacturer coupons. This is called stacking. When you use both, which you are allowed to do, you stretch your money further.
For example, a few months ago our store had a promotion where you received a free $10 TRU/BRU gift card with the purchase of 3 cases of Huggies diapers. Around the same time, I had received a BRU flier in the mail with a coupon for $5 off each case of Huggies diapers. I also had several $1.50 off any Huggies diapers manufacturer coupons. Here is what I did:
- Purchased 3 cases of Huggies diapers
- Used the $5 off BRU coupon; the 1 coupon applied to all 3 cases of diapers (-$15)
- Used (3) $1.50 manufacturer coupons (-$4.50)
- Got $10 gift card back
4. If you are expecting a baby, register with the Babies R Us Baby Registry. You'll receive a welcome kit that's full of coupons and samples.
To get you started, here is a BRU coupon for $5 off $25. You can use it in-store or online. This is a really good coupon because it doesn't have all the exclusions that most of the BRU coupons do.
If I left anything out, please let me know. Happy saving!