Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Get a Raincheck!


Trust me, I know-- Nothing can be more frustrating than getting all your deals together and getting to the store only to find empty shelves!

But don't let out-of-stock items get you down! Get even and get a raincheck!

Rainchecks, believe it or not, can be wonderful things. They allow you to play the game to your advantage. While an item may be out of stock at a certain time, the situation gives you an opportunity to get more coupons, or to play the raincheck at a better time.

Here's what I recently did. My example displays how you can "work" a raincheck too.

In 2008 I got the following raincheck from CVS (yes, I said 2008, and I AM that organized, and CVS rainchecks don't expire): L'Oreal Hair Care Products, BOGO, limit 4 offers

Last week I finally decided to play it. Here's what I got:

(3) L'Oreal EverStrong Shampoo, retail $6.99 each
(3) L'Oreal EverStrong Conditioner, retail $6.99 each

I used:
BOGO Raincheck
(5) $2 manufacturer coupons (could've used one more but didn't have it)
CVS Extra Care Bucks promo, Spend $20 get $5 ECB

Cost:
Buy One- $6.99
Get One FREE- $0
Buy One- $6.99
Get One FREE- $0
Buy One- $6.99
Get One FREE- $0
MFR Q-($2)
MFR Q-($2)
MFR Q-($2)
MFR Q-($2)
MFR Q-($2)
ECB- ($5)

Total OOP for 6 bottles- $5.97 (which is less than the price of 1!!!)

So, the next time your store is out of a sale item, don't get mad, get even and get a raincheck!

No comments:

Post a Comment