Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Giant: Using Dollar Doublers to Your Advantage

I did this deal on 8/3 and while the sale is now over, the same rules apply when using Giant's Dollar Doubler coupons to your advantage.

The Dollar Doubler coupons are in the store circulars that come to your home. Mine don't come in my Sunday paper but come in the mailbox with other store circulars. There are typically 4 Dollar Doublers per paper and you can use them to double $1 manufacturer coupons.

In the picture above, I did 2 separate transactions. The first one was for baby food.

18- jars Beechnut baby food (the baby couldn't wait so 1 is missing)
2- single Beechnut baby juices
1- Armour potted meat

A doubled .50 manufacturer coupon for the potted meat made it free. We don't eat this but since it was free I picked it up and I'll put it in my donate pile.

I signed up at the Beechnut website and occasionally receive emails from them with coupons attached. I had two doubled .75 cent juice coupons, making them free. I had (4) $1 coupons for the rest of the jarred food. I used my Dollar Doublers making each worth $2. I had a $4 catalina coupon from an ice cream promotion the week prior.

Total out of pocket after coupons: $.60 cents!

The second transaction consisted of:

2- Pepsi 12 pks
2- Diet Dr. Pepper 6 packs
1- Johnson & Johnson's Bedtime washcloths
2- Velveta Shells & Cheese cups
4- Plums
1- Green pepper
1- pk Smithfield pork chops

The Pepsi products were 4/$10. I used two Dollar Doublers with $1 Dr. Pepper coupons that were inside other 12 pks we had consumed at home.

The J&J washcloths were on 50% off clearance. So, only $1.99 and used a Doubler with a $1 manufacturer coupon.

I had a Kraft First Taste coupon for 2 free Velveta Shells & Cheese cups. The plums and green pepper were on sale.

I used my fourth Dollar Doubler with a $1 Smithfield coupon from the Sunday paper. After coupons, the pork chops were only $2 and change.

Total out of pocket after coupons: $10.42!

The sodas alone were 4/$10 so I got many more items for about the same price using the Dollar Doublers. Be on the lookout for the Dollar Doubler promotion again and use the same principles to save even more!

No comments:

Post a Comment