Monday, August 31, 2009

Latest Target Steals


Thanks to Mercedes over at Common Sense with Money for the heads up on the steals at Target right now!

I went last week and here's what I scored:

4- Johnson & Johnson Buddies soaps, FREE
4- 4 oz Gerber baby bottles, FREE
4- bags of Skittles Cores, FREE
3- pouches of Starkist tuna, $1.49
1- bottle of A1, $.99
1- can of Market Pantry stewed tomatoes, clearance $.27
4- General Mills cereal cups, FREE
2- tubes of Vaseline Aloe lotion, travel section, FREE
4- tubes of Colgate Sponge Bob toothpaste, travel section, FREE
2- cups of Market Selects cat food, FREE
4- cans of Chef Michaels wet dog food, FREE
1- pkg Oral B floss, $.02
4- Nexcare bandages, travel section, FREE

All of this for a measly $3.89 (tax included)! I followed the coupons that Mercedes suggested and also used:

$1 off 2 cups of Market Selects cat food MFR coupon
regularly $.49 each
FREE with coupon

$1 off Oral-B floss MFR coupon
regularly $1.02
$.02 with coupon

$1.50 off 3 Starkist pouches MFR coupon from tear pad @ Acme
$1 off 3 Starkist pouches Target coupon
on sale $1.33 each
$.50 each with coupons

The pricing on the A1 at my Target was $2.99 and not $2.09 as was at Mercedes' store but $.99 for A1 was still a good deal!

Some folks have reportedly had issues with their Target cashiers not knowing the store's coupon policy. I personally haven't had a problem with this. In fact, it's funny that I overheard my cashier last week (as I walked away from checking out in her lane) telling another cashier that she told me to come in to her line because she knew I had coupons. Well good for her!

Anyway... the Target coupon policy, should you need to remind your cashier, is that if the value of the coupon is over the price of the item, they should adjust the coupon down to the price of the item. Also, you can use a Target coupon and a manufacturer coupon together on the same item.

Find any other good deals at Target this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment