Saturday, January 16, 2010

Toys R Us: Johnson's Buddies Money Maker


I was at Toys R Us (yes, again!) on Tuesday to pick up a toothbrush and toothpaste for the baby. I had a 20% off coupon and a $5 off $25. Since I knew I'd spend about $6 anyway, I decided to try to stretch them both and see what else I could get.

Yet again, I scored big! I walked out of there with several bags and only spent $15!

I got:

(2) large rolls of kiddie Christmas wrapping paper, 90% off, $.40 each

(2) girls cotton spring blouses, clearance $2.30, store promo of Buy 1 Clearance, Get the 2nd for $.99

(1) fleece baby blanket with penguin print, clearance $.90 (going in my gift stash for the next baby shower!)

(1) Sesame Street Abby Cadabbby toothbrush & tooth paste set, reg. price $5.49

(2) 2 pc little girls long-sleeved cotton pjs, clearance $7.60, store promo Buy 1 Clearance, Get the 2nd for $.99

(4) Annie's Deluxe organic shells and cheese, clearance $.98

(6) Johnson & Johnson's Buddies soaps, reg. price $.99

I added on the Johnson's Buddies soaps at the end to get my total to $25 (so I could use my $5 off coupon). I had (6) $1 manufacturer coupons from the Sunday paper and a display at the doctor's office. Priced at $.99 each, the Buddies were FREE with the coupons and just what I needed to get my extra $5 off.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that they qualified for this month's Toys R Us baby sale (through 1/21). They are having a promo Buy any 2 Johnson's (priced $5.29 - $8.29), Get 1 FREE. While the Buddies don't fall in that price range, they rang up as the 3rd one being FREE, making them a money maker!

When I say money maker, it doesn't literally mean the store gave me cash back. It means that the overage was applied to the other items I purchased thus reducing my total out of pocket expense and saving me money.

So here's the money making breakdown:

(6) Buddies, $.99 each, $5.94

Store promo B2, G1, minus (2) @ $.99, -$1.98

(6) manufacturer coupons, minus $1 each, -$6

Total for the Buddies: (-$2.04)

I purchased the last Buddies soaps that were at the Bel Air, MD store but if you shop at another TRU / BRU, this may be a great deal for you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment