Saturday, January 2, 2010

Toys R Us: Stacking Coupons to Your Advantage, Part II

I mentioned my love of Toys R Us (TRU) before (here and here) and today again I remembered how much I reallly do like the store!

I received the latest Babies R Us (BRU) sales flier w/ coupons (flier applies to our TRU store also) in the mail last week. I actually received 2; one in my married and one in my maiden name. Not sure why but I'm not complaining!

I received several $5 off $25 coupons in the mail and also the $3 off $3 coupons from having the kids' birthdays registered (remember I mentioned the birthday registry here).

I split up my purchases into 2 transactions that were at least $25 each so I could utilize my $5 off $25 coupons.

Out of both transactions I used:

(2) $5 off $25 TRU coupons
(1) $3 off $3
Various other TRU coupons
Various manufacturer coupons

Here's what I did and how you can do it too:

(2) 2 pks of Gerber BPA-Free sippy cups, on sale B1G1 half, used (2) $.75 coupons from the Nestle Good Start Formula / Gerber home mailers

(1) 2 pc toddler boys Batman pajama set, clearance for $9.70 and store promo B1G1 for $.99

(1) 3 pc toddler girls Tinkerbell pajama set (includes gown, slippers, and headband), clearance for $.99

(1) Revolution Food organic Pop Alongs Cheesy Whole Grain Snacks, clearance for $.98

(3) First Alert Smoke & Fire Alarms, regularly $19.99 on clearance for $2. Going for sale in the eBay store.

(2) Pampers travel wipes, FREE with coupon from sales flier

(2) Kashi TLC Tasty Little Crackers, clearance for $.98 and had (2) $1 manufacturer peelie coupons (FREE)

(2) 6 pks Nestle Pure Life bottled water, clearance $.98

(1) Seventh Generation non-toxic natural Blue Eucalyptus & Lavender 40 load fabric softener, clearance $2.48

(2) Happy Baby organic Puffs, on sale "spend $10 get $2 off instantly." This is a good deal making the organic baby snacks the same price as Gerber and Beech-Nut.

(2) 6 pks Wateroos 8 oz water juice boxes, clearance for $.98. Going in the boy's lunch box!

(1) Happy Baby organic yogurt melts, on sale "spend $10 get $2 off instantly." This is a good deal making the organic baby snacks the same price as Gerber and Beech-Nut.

(4) 2 oz Balmex diaper rash creams, regular price $3.29. Used $1 off ALL diaper rash products coupon from the TRU sales flier and (4) $2 manufacturer coupons from various parenting magazines. Paid $.29 each out of pocket and will submit for (4) $1 rebates through Caregiver's Marketplace. Profiting about $.71 on each.

So for all of this I paid a Grand Total of....

DRUM ROLL....

$26.80
!

I got plenty of organic snacks for the kids, fabric softener, 2 sets of pajamas, baby wipes, bottled water, water boxes, diaper cream, and more!

Through tomorrow January 3rd, TRU/BRU also has Earth's Best Chlorine-Free Diapers for just $5 per pack (limit 3). This is a pretty good price for diapers. I didn't pick up any because I still have a few packs of Huggies on hand and have been getting them for $3 - $4 each. But if you need diapers,$5 is surely a good deal!

My local store also had Kashi cereal- strawberry and Honey Sunshine near the registers for $1.98 per box. I have a few $1 coupons but I don't need cereal right now. Less than $2 for Kashi is an awesome deal too if you need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment